Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Keeping Up Appearances

Right so...we got engaged, bought a house, and I fell off the planet. Also, my Dad died, so that has not been great, to make a colossal understatement.

I've been soothing the soul by sticking close to home and pottering. 

Mr. Eshet has been very busy with projects around the new house - namely securing the fence border so that the two miscreants are unable to dig under the fence - and we began the venture by pulling up an entire floor's worth of wall-to-wall carpet (all DIY, wow, hello, more-work-than-we-thought-project) and then having the wood floors (professionally, we're crazy not stupid) refinished. And I've been engaging in a lot of online mind-numbing. The good kind. The oooo look at the pretty blogs kind. The laugh my ass off kind. iheartorganizing.com,  smittenkitchen.com,  thefrugalgirl.com,  crappypictures.com,  thebloggess.comthanks - no fooling - for in part getting me through a very terrible time of my life.

And look what they helped me do:

The recipe for honey whole wheat bread is from 100daysofrealfood, but the success comes courtesy of thefrugalgirl. I kept getting a very heavy loaf - the texture of, say, Mount Rushmore. A kneading tutorial from frugalgirl changed my life...er...loaf.   We shall say nothing of Deb's baked goods galore from La Smitten.

Tomorrow, it is to be hoped, there will be pictures of my school's raised bed garden. Unless it rains. Or the neighborhood cats pee in it. In that case, it may be pictures of otters wearing sweaters or something.


PS:  Have I mentioned that my kids are fabulous?  Can't have a post without mentioning that.  The K's and 1's are loving the circle games I'm teaching them, the 2's just finished a field trip to sing at Carnegie Hall, the 3's are preparing for theirs, the 4's are checking out the History of American Popular Music, and the 5ths are getting their butts kicked by History of Western Music, but most of them love it.  Just sayin'.  They're fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment